According to Android Central, the reason for Xiaomi to remove 3.5mm is to increase battery capacity for Mi6 and make it better at splash resistance. Read the full article right here.
This is not that much of a deal breaker due to the fact that Mi6 features USB-C which is a lot more widely used compared to iPhone 7 that is featuring its own proprietary lightning connection, making your dongle life even worse. For now.
Goes to show yet again that all Xiaomi needs is better sofware to handle such a great hardware. Same thing happened with Mi5s, which has exact same sensor as Google Pixel.
Oh, and that unacceptable front camera performance in low light is still there. Look at the end of the video. This exact same thing happened on the Mi5s as well.
TechTablets got his hands on Mi6 already. Take a look!
And he also showed how to drop Google Play on it, since it is from China.
You should totally visit Mi Russia to stay up to date with their announcements for Russian market.
Thanks to Forbes, now we have first ever head-to-head camera comparison of the Xiaomi Mi6 and Galaxy S8. While short, it gives plenty for you to get the basic idea on which camera is better and are they on par despite the insane price difference. Spoiler: Mi6 is great for almost 40% the price of S8 and it does not perform as well as S8 in low-light.
It is just a bit faster Mi5s with an additional camera and 2GB of extra RAM. And yes, only in China for now. Specs:
- 5.15″ screen
- Snapdragon 835
- 6GB of LPDDR4 RAM on all models
- (UFS) 64GB or 128GB of storage
- Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor (better than Mi5s)
- IR Blaster (!)
- NO Headphone jack (…dammit)
- 3350mAh battery with QC 3.0
- Dual-nano-SIM slot
- Dual-Camera setup with OIS and 2X optical zoom with portrait mode (model not specified)
- Starts at 2499 RMB and ends with Ceramic version (with gold rims around cameras too) + 128GB at 2999 RMB
- No, it does not look like Mi MIX and that makes people sad
Xiaomi just announced that Mi6 will go live in China on April 19. Let’s see how much of a mix of Mi5 and Mi MIX it actually will be…