Fair review, pointing out weak speakers, possible build quality concerns, weak low light performance with the camera, but also excellent battery life and performance. Let’s now hope that they can ship more 128 GB versions.
And our dear Hugo will be there to get you hyped for this plate of a phone!
Android Police has released their Mi Max first impressions. TL;DR here:
Will you see the Xiaomi Mi Max being sold via official channels outside China, India, and perhaps a few other Southeast Asian countries? Probably not. But it’s still cool to see the commodity smartphone absolutely destroying the competition on value, and I only hope this trend continues elsewhere.
Mi Max launched in China, here are the announced specs:
- Comes in Silver, Grey and Gold
- 7,5mm thick
- 6,44″ 1080p Screen
- 4850 mAh monster battery
- Snapdragon 650 or 652, depending on variant
- 16MP PDAF Camera
- 5MP Front camera with 85 degrees wide angle
- Up to 4GB of RAM
- Up to 128 GB of storage
- 3-choose-2 hybird SIM tray (microSD support)
- Dual Sim, dual standby
- IR Blaster
- Fingerprint sensor on the back
- 4G+ Support
Prices: 1499 RMB (Snapdragon 650/32GB/3GB RAM), 1699 RMB (Snapdragon 652/64GB/3GB RAM), 1999 RMB (Snapdragon 652/128GB/4GB RAM). That is $300 for the top end model.
MIUI 8 Details and features:
- New MIUI Gallery app up to 90% more space efficient +stickers, doodles, and more photo editing options
- Wallpaper carousel for daily lock screens
- Power Saving mode which suspends all background activity, updates and syncing
- Multi-window management
- Chain startup prevention which blocks apps from starting up for no reason
- Fraud and scam messages filter
- Quick share controls for content
- Passcode and Fingerprint security for Notes
- Templates for notes, and various design choices in app
- Barcode scanner integration for easier purchasing
- Camera picture search for similar items online
- Advanced calculator app with conversions
- Enhanced video editing tools
- MIUI Fonts redesigned
- MIUI Colors redesigned
- To roll out on Mi 2/2S/3/4/4C/4S/5/Max and all Redmi and Mi Note devices
- Release date: 17 June for China Dev version, no stable/global version release date yet
- There are now over 200,000,000 users of MIUI worldwide
Official Mi Max Wallpapers are here as well for download in their full resolution glory:
Bonus teaser: Xiaomi Mi Band 2. Unfortunately, no release date or further details.
Full album of the announcement slides can be found here.
Xiaomi officially released some “hands-on” photos to their forums. Check them out.
And yes, this confirms that it is indeed a massive Redmi Note 3.
At least in terms of design, it looks very much like Redmi Note. Only 3 days to go for the official launch, so we will see how it all goes then.
Specs, in case you forgot, are speculated to be:
- 6.44-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display
- Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650 (4x 1.4GHz ARM A53 + 2 x 1.8 GHz ARM A72) 64-bit processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4 / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery