- Snapdragon 821 processor
- LPDDR4, 4GB of RAM on Mi5s and 6GB of RAM on Mi5s Plus (with 128GB)
- 12MP IMX 378 f2.0 Sony Camera (sample images) on Mi5s
- 13MP + 13MP Sony Dual-Camera setup (not IMX 378, has dedicated monochrome sensor) on Mi5s Plus (RAW capable too)
- World first phone with Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor (video explanation)
- Up to 128GB of Storage (starting from 64GB on both, UFS 2.0)
- 5.15″/5.7″ 1080p LED (600 nit) Screen
- 3800 mAh Battery on Mi5s Plus
- 3200 mAh Battery on Mi5s
- USB C with Quick Charging 3.0
- NFC (reading, writing, virtualization)
- 4MP Front-facing camera on both
- Supported LTE bands: FDD-LTE B1, B3, B5, B7 and B8, TDD-LTE B38, B39, B40 and B41
- MIUI 8 (built on top of Android 6.0)
- 3.5mm headphone jack on both
- Available on September 29 in China on Jd.com and Mi.com
- Available in other countries soon as well (no timeframe given yet, India most likely to get it first)
Mi5s: $300 (RMB 1999) for 3GB + 64GB and $345 (RMB 2299) for 4GB + 128GB
Mi5s Plus: $345 (RMB 2299) for 4GB + 64GB and $390 (RMB 2599) for 6GB + 128GB
Xiaomi upped their game once again with their flagships. Now they need to bring it outside of China and India if they want to make a bigger splash in the west. Let’s hope Hugo is still working on that.
There is also a case sold separately, working almost exactly like the HTC M8 Dot View case.
On top of Mi5s, Xiaomi also announced today their new Mi TV 3S 65″ (again, only in China for now). Xiaomi worked on a massive partnership with all major video streaming companies in China. The TV also features AI built into the TV that has computer vision, evolving speech recognition and deep learning. We are however yet to test this in China and see how it really behaves in day-to-day use.
Price of the Mi TV 3S in China will be 4999/5999 RMB ($750/$900) for the TV or TV+Home Theater combo respectively. There is also a smaller 55″ version for 3,499 RMB. Specs/details below:
Oh, and a wireless microphone $90 for all your KTV needs.