Xiaomi already released specs and pricing in China for their Mi5. Here are their screenshots from their Weibo:
So, to summarize:
- Full glass sandwich/metal build, similar to Mi Note.
- Snapdragon 820.
- 4 GB of RAM.
- 128 GB of Storage.
- 5.15″ 1080p LED Screen.
- Weight: 129g.
- Front-facing fingerprint sensor on the home button.
- 6.95mm thick.
- IR Blaster.
- 16 MP Camera (IMX298) with OIS.
- 4 MP front facing camera.
- 3000 mAh Battery.
- USB C with Quick Charging 3.0.
- NFC (reading, writing, virtualization)
- Color options: White, Gold, Black.
- Around $400 for the highest end model – Mi5 Pro.
- Available on March 1 in China on Mi.com and Mi Homes.
- Available in India and other countries soon.
Price: 2699 RMB. Around $400 for the highest end model. That is insane. All models use Snapdragon 820 of different variants. Some models have 3GB of RAM, but $400 for the highest end model is still a steal, especially for 128GB of storage
Now let’s see MWC version of this presentation, in English and with more details on availability and specs that may be different compared to the Chinese market. Oh, and Xiaomi also announced Mi4S today for China only right now.
Update: Global Launch livestream ended, same specs confirmed.