Now, let’s summarize specs/details after the global launch livestream:
- Full glass sandwich/metal build, similar to Mi Note.
- Snapdragon 820.
- 4 GB of RAM.
- 128 GB of Storage.
- 5.15″ 1080p LED Screen.
- Weight: 129g.
- Front-facing fingerprint sensor on the home button.
- 6.95mm thick.
- IR Blaster.
- 16 MP Camera (IMX298) with OIS.
- 4 MP front facing camera.
- 3000 mAh Battery.
- USB C with Quick Charging 3.0.
- NFC (reading, writing, virtualization)
- Color options: White, Gold, Black.
- Around $400 for the highest end model – Mi5 Pro.
- Available on March 1 in China on Mi.com and Mi Homes.
- Available in India and other countries soon.
Shame that Hugo Barra did not announce actual dates for the rest of the world, but it is definitely good to know that Mi5 will arrive to other countries eventually, even if that means a slight delay.
Update: Official MIUI forums post is now up to date as well.